What is Red Nose Day?
- Red Nose Day is a fundraising campaign run by the non-profit organization Comic Relief Inc., a registered U.S. 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Red Nose Day brings people together to have fun, raise money and change the lives of kids who need our help the most.
- Red Nose Day launched in the US in 2015, dedicated to ending child poverty, both in the US and in some of the poorest communities in the world. The money raised by Red Nose Day in the US has benefited programs for children and young people in all 50 states and in 34 countries internationally.
- Globally, Red Nose Day has raised over $1 billion since its launch in the UK in 1988.
Apart from buying a nose, what else can I do?
- There are lots of ways you can get involved, join the fun and support Red Nose Day, including donating, or joining or organizing a fundraiser.
- If you would like to raise money for kids in need, start by downloading one of our fundraising kits, which are chock full ideas for how to fundraise with your classmates, colleagues or community.
- To make it super simple to organize a fundraiser, we also have a bunch of ideas to get inspired where you can get creative, set up a personal fundraising page and invite your friends and family to donate directly to the cause.
- Spread the Red to your friends and family and post your Red Nose Day photos on social media using the hashtag #RedNoseDay.
Where does the money go?
- The money raised by Red Nose Day benefits children in some of the neediest communities in the US and some of the poorest communities in the world. Partner charities include Boys & Girls Clubs of America; charity: water; Children’s Health Fund; Covenant House; Feeding America; Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance; UnidosUS; Save the Children and The Global Fund.
- All of Red Nose Day’s grant money supports projects to keep children and young people safe, healthy, educated and empowered. You can find out more about the amazing programs we fund through Red Nose Day at
I would like to donate. How can I send in my contribution?
- Credit Card or PayPal
- Online at RedNoseDay.org/Donate
- Check or Money Order
- Made payable to “Red Nose Day” and mailed to:
- Red Nose Day Fund
- PO Box 419828
- Boston, MA 02241-9828
- You may donate cash at the register at any local Walgreens or Duane Reade store nationwide.
- If you would like to claim a tax deduction on a cash donation made in-store, please send a copy of the receipt provided by the Walgreens or Duane Reade store and mail it to the address below.
- Include your full name and mailing address so we can send you a letter of acknowledgement that can be used to claim a tax deduction.
- Comic Relief Inc.
- Attn: Donation Services
- 488 Madison Ave
- 10th Floor
- New York, NY 10022-5723
- Donations to the Red Nose Day Fund are tax deductible to the extent provided by U.S. law.