Whiten Your Smile / Teeth Whitening
What's the best way to whiten my teeth? So many whitening options, there has to be a simple answer.
“What’s the best way for me to whiten my teeth?” We hear this question every day. There are so many options from teeth whitening strips, teeth whitening kits, whitening toothpaste and even whitening mouthwash it’s not a simple answer. And to top it off, what is “best” for one person doesn’t necessarily mean “best” for another.
When deciding on the whitening solution best for you, there are a 5 criteria to be evaluated:
- The Cost: The cost factor varies greatly depending on if you want an over the counter options such as a teeth whitening kit, which can start at $30, or an in-office whitening solution that can cost over $600, not to mention all of the options in between.
- The Effort: An in-office whitening solution can be done in as little as one visit and take less than an hour to complete. An over the counter solution such as a teeth whitening kit will require dedication to a nightly regiment that may take 20-40 minutes per night.
- The Time: Some solutions will be immediate while others may take up to 3 weeks or more to see a difference in shades.
- The Sensitivity: If you suffer from sensitive gums you may want to avoid some of the stronger whitening options, although most solutions are no more than an inconvenience, certain sensitivities can make teeth whitening a challenging proposition.
- The Result: There is a significant difference in the strength of the hydrogen peroxide that can be used with over the counter whitening solutions vs. the professional solutions available in a dental office. Typically, a professional solution is going to make your teeth brighter (often 8 shades more) and in a much faster time period.
The Bittner Family Dental Group definition of “Best” whitening solution is:
“The ‘Best’ whitening solution offers a patient a significant value, requires minimal investment in time and effort, experiences the least amount of discomfort while achieving the maximum whitening benefit.”
Before undertaking any whitening treatment, we insist on a check-up before you brighten-up?
Your dental health is our number one priority and we want to make sure you are in optimal dental health with no untreated issues (e.g., gum disease, fractured tooth, cavity, etc.) that could result in unneeded pain or escalation of issues as a result of the whitening.
After completion of your exam, we will provide you with a thorough cleaning ensuring you maximize your investment by removing stains, plaque and tartar to achieve ultimate whitening results. Although your whitening session will typically remove stains, it will not get rid of the plaque or tartar which is why we require the cleaning.
We stand behind and highly recommend the Zoom whitening solution. You will see dramatic results within 45 minutes. The laser activated technology accelerates the whitening process and all in under 45 minutes. Safe, fast and effective. Call us to set up an appointment.