Conventional vs Digital Impressions
No more goop, gagging, or discomfort. Using an iTero scanner, Dr Bittner Jr and the whole team at Bittner family Dental Group can take a highly accurate digital impression of your teeth and jaw. The new technology completely eliminates the tray and putty impressions, where the experience is comparable to stuffing a big wad of gum in your mouth. The old technique is incredibly unpleasant and frequently results in taking multiple rounds of impressions that can be rejected, broken, or misplaced. The iTero scanner ensures a more accurate impression from the start, resulting in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience. Digital impressions also give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3D, improving communication during the consultation and treatment process.
Check out what others are saying about our iTero® Digital Impression System dental services on Yelp: iTero® Digital Impression System Dentist San Jose.
How Does it Work?
The iTero scanner digitally captures the structure of the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology. The scanner is a compact, hand-held wand. Once your orthodontist begins the scanning process, it can be stopped and started as many times as necessary.
Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser, and in as little as two to three minutes, the laser renders a digitally perfect, 3D impression of your teeth and soft tissue structures. Through digital software, you’ll then be able to follow the progress of the scans, including a 3D model of your teeth on our computer screen. The iTero scanner can be used for any orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign®.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page.
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide.
About our business, license, and website security
- Bittner Family Dental Group was established in 1972
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Santa Clara County
- We serve patients from the following cities: San Jose, Cupertino, Saratoga, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Campbell, Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, Monte Sereno
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of iTero® Digital Impression System Dentist